- Applying for a Myanmar (Burma) visa in Bangkok
- One night in Bangkok
- Visiting Rural Thailand – enjoy the silence
- Sleeping in a monastery on a mountain top in Hpa-An, Myanmar
- Overview of tourist hotspots in Myanmar (Burma)
- Naypyitaw – The official capital of Myanmar
- Being sick on the road
- The End of an Era – I’ve Sold My Motorbike and Left Vietnam
- Cambodia – First Impressions
- Koh Ta Kiev – Where the boat leaves from
- The Future of Sihanoukville, Cambodia and the Surrounding Areas
- What Were We Thinking (and other ramblings)
A few months ago (who can remember exactly when), we decided to go on another trip.
I, Thor, wanted to see the rest of the world (south america and Antarctis). Both Amy and I wanted to visit friends and family.
At some point Amy has to have some continuity and get a career in Denmark and at some point we will make a family and then it’s hard to travel long-term.
Not now, though. Not now. Now it’s easy. Amy and I both quit our jobs and on a rainy day in August 2018 we took a plane to Vietnam. (And that answers the title question:))
We just came back from 10 days on Iceland – and what a blast!
Looking forward, at this point in time, we knew that we would be heading to Vietnam to plan our wedding July, 2019 and to visit Amy’s family. I’d be meeting her parents for the first time. Gasp!
We also knew we’d be going to Indonesia for a work opportunity.
Japan was on the itinerary to visit my, now, good friend JJ who was doing a sheep show there and my Niece, Tyra, who was doing half a year of study abroad on her asian studies degree
Finally, since this was also our honeymoon, we had (one-way) tickets to Hawaii, USA.
After this we’d be going to central America, Guatemala, South America, Antarctics. Possibly – plans change.
All this and home for christmas… or in january…
Keep looking back at this page. We’ll try to keep it updated. As well as on social media
Thor and Amy!